The course content shall include the key components of the
subject area namely:
- Brokerage – Concepts & various issues namely ethics and professional
code of conduct. Responsibilities of a
broker-buying/selling/leasing/renting process. Effective management
of the transactions. Real estate contracts (Provisions)-lease
agreement, agreement to sell, transactions relating to NRIs, title
search of the property. Documentation required in transactions of
sale/purchase/lease. Registration of documents. Basic understanding
of the revenue records maintained by Municipal Corporation. Closing
transactions; negotiation skills.
- Real Estate Financing – namely real estate financing process,
procuring and closing a loan, mortgages, foreclosure laws (NHB Act
etc), lending practices, procedures and documentation as required by
financial institutions and banks.
- Real Estate Appraisal – Theoretical concepts, principles and
criteria for valuation of property, market behavioral trends in real
- Planning, Zoning and Development – General understanding in planning,
zoning, sub-division of land. Relevant provisions and rules for
sub-division. Planning standards and norms as applicable to the
Housing and Construction industry. Basic understanding of standard
construction practices inclusive of efficient planning, suitable
building materials and sound construction. Management of Buildings
and Complexes. Knowledge of building materials/technologies.
- Legal Framework including various acts and procedures – namely
Apartment Ownership Act, Indian Registration Act, 1908, Stamp Act,
Co-operative Societies Act, Rent Control Act, Wealth Tax Act,
Building bye-laws, The Punjab Schedule Roads and Controlled Areas
Restriction of Unregulated Development Act, Consumer Protection Act,
1986, Law of Contract, Municipal Laws, Law of Agency, Relevant
sections related properties-income tax act & FEMA, RBI guidelines
for property investment.
- Escrows – Introduction to the escrow concept.
- Urban Infrastructure – Development approaches such as public-private
partnerships, social infrastructure-responsibilities and
- Business Management including marketing techniques, dynamics of
customer satisfaction, communication skills, personality
development, after sale service etc.
- Vaastu Shastra – Approach in design of buildings.
- Seismic effects and protection in building construction