Round Table on Private Sector Participation in Affordable Housing
Date : Jun 7, 2012 - Jun 7, 2012
Venue : New Delhi
|Presentations can be downloaded |
- Low-Income Housing: An attractive business opportunity: Shri Vikram Jain, Lead, Low Income Housing Practice, Monitor Group, Mumbai (View Presentation here)
- Affordable Housing: Issues & Solutions: Shri Sunil Mantri, Vice President, NAREDCO & Chairman, Sunil Mantri Realty Ltd. (View Presentation here)
- Case Study on Affordable Housing: Shri Raghav Garg, Garg Group, Ghaziabad (View Presentation and Video Here)
- Issue & Suggestion on Affordable Housing in India: Shri Sanjay Chawla, CEO, Era Landmarks Ltd., Noida (View Presentation here)
- Laying of Panel and Supports: Shri Santanu Sarkar, Director, Ritman Infra Ltd, Kolkata
Why Private sector is not coming forward in a major way to develop affordable housing projects to minimize the shortage of 26.53 million units, primarily in the EWS and LIG categories is a question to be addressed.
On its part, the Ministry of HUPA, Govt. of India has announced the Affordable Housing in Partnership schemes and introduced fiscal incentives in the 2012-2013 Union Budget such as amendment to section 35AD for extending investment based deduction of 150% of capital expenditure in affordable housing, exempting service tax on low cost housing of less than 60 sq. mtrs, establish mortgage risk guarantee trust fund to cover risk of bankers for lending to low income borrowers and 1% interest subvention on housing loans upto Rs. 15 lakhs for house costing upto Rs. 25 lakhs.
Some important concerns of developers relate to availability of land, long drawn project approval procedures and licencing, abnormal Central and State taxes, high cost of credit, adoption of proven construction technologies and lack of proactive State policies.
Round Table Announcement
To address these issues with the objective to encourage and motivate private sector participation for maximizing development of affordable housing as a mission in the 12th plan period 2012-2017, NAREDCO is organizing a Round Table on Private Sector Participation in Affordable Housing as per following details:
|Day and date ||Thursday, 7th June 2012|
|Time ||9.30 am - 2.00 pm (followed by lunch)|
|Venue ||Seminar Hall 2 & 3, India International Centre, 40 Max Mueller Marg New Delhi – 110003|
|Participation fee ||Rs. 2,000/- (Members)|
Rs. 2,500/- (Non-members)
|9.30 am ||Registration|
|10.00 am ||Welcome and Opening Remarks |
- Shri Navin M Raheja, President, NAREDCO
Theme Presentation: Stimulating Private Participation in Urban Low Income Housing
- Shri Vikram Jain, Lead, Low Income Housing Practice, Monitor Group, Mumbai
Special Address: Housing Finance Policies and Regulation
- Shri R V Verma, CMD, National Housing Bank
Key Note Address: Policy framework for Affordable Housing - Key Challenges
- Shri Susheel Kumar, Joint Secretary (Housing), Ministry of HUPA, Govt of India.
|11.05 am ||Experience of States |
- Shri S B Dangayach, MD, Sintex Industries Ltd., Kalol, Gujarat
- Shri Raghav Garg, Garg Group, Ghaziabad
|12 noon ||Private Sector Participation – the way forward |
- Shri Ramratthinam S. General Manager - Credit, Dewan Housing Finance Corp. Ltd., Mumbai
- Shri Sanjay Chawla, CEO, Era Landmarks Ltd., Noida
- Er. Nagendra Chaudhary, Director, Fintech Real Estate Developers, Pvt Ltd., Jaipur
|1.15 pm ||Appropriate Materials and Technology |
- Shri Santanu Sarkar, Director, Ritman Infra Ltd, Kolkata
Concluding Remarks and Thanks,
- Shri Navin M Raheja, President, NAREDCO & CMD, Raheja Developers Ltd.
|1.45 pm ||LUNCH|
Secretaries, Housing and Urban Development in the State Governments are being invited.
Developers and HFCs are requested to participate in the Round Table with a view to evolve solutions in order to maximise affordable housing supply in the country.
The registration fee is Rs. 2,500/- per participant. For NAREDCO members it is a concessional Rs. 2,000/-. The enclosed registration form (duly completed) along with the cheque/DD of required amount in favour of National Real Estate Development Council could be forwarded to:
National Real Estate Development Council
First Floor, 8, Community Centre,
East of Kailash, New Delhi
Tel: 011-26225795, 41608570,
Fax: 011- 26225796
Download Registration Form